A New President and a Vice-President appointed for the Lebanese Red Cross
President Michel Sleiman issued a decree under the number 9857, by which he named the member of the Central Committee Ms. Suzanne Oueiss as the president of the Lebanese Red Cross, succeeding Sheikh Sami Al Dahdah, and the member of the Central Committee Dr Maryam Ghandour as a vice president succeeding Mr. Walid Kebbe, where they started their mission immediately.
Ms. Suzanne Oueiss:
- Volunteered in the Lebanese Red Cross since 1974
- Vice president of Jbeil Branch from 1978 until 1996
- President of the local committee of Jbeil from 1997 to 2013
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology and a postgraduate thesis in “educational methods and its impact on the child’s personality”.
- Worked at the Ministry of National Education, a trainer and planner for several sessions for teachers.
- An Activist in several areas: social, environmental, health, and humanitarian.
Dr. Maryam Ghandour:
- Volunteered in the Lebanese Red Cross since 1980
- A member in the local committee of the Lebanese Red cross in Beirut since 2000.
- PhD in counseling and guidance and in higher education management from Columbia University - New York.
- A responsible for counseling, guidance, and employment office for students and graduates at the American University in Beirut.