A secretary General for the Lebanese Red Cross
The Central Committee of the Lebanese Red Cross issued a decree in its first league meeting on Thursday, February 28, 2013, headed by the president of the Lebanese Red Cross Ms. Suzanne Oueiss, by which she appointed Mr. Georges Kettaneh as a Secretary General of the Lebanese Red Cross.
Based on the Statute of the Lebanese Red Cross, the Secretary-General is considered as a Chief Executive Officer of the society and is responsible for implementing the general policy laid down by the Central Committee and the instructions directed by the Executive Committee as well as being a secretary of the General Assembly, Central Committee, and the Executive Committee.
Mr. George Kettaneh:
- Volunteered in the Lebanese Red Cross – as a paramedic in 1981
- handled several missions in EMS.
- handled the position of the director of EMS in 1992
- Appointed as a national coordinator for disaster management in 2005
- Appointed as the Director of Operations of LRC in 2012
Participated in several courses and workshops in the field of emergency and disaster management in Switzerland, Norway, Italy and several countries.