The governance of the LRC consists of a General Assembly, a Central Committee, and an Executive Committee that meet on a regular basis.
Administrative structure of the Lebanese Red Cross According to the Fundamental Order, the administrative structure of the society is made up of the following:
A- Local Order:
Composed of local committees ( 32) spread over most of the Lebanese territories. These committees are responsible for supervising and managing the tasks of the society at the particular regions assigned to each committee.
B- Central Order:
Composed of a general assembly of 76 volunteer members in addition to 32 heads of committees as members in the General Assembly according to the new central order, as well as 41 central committees that include 14 executive committees which is responsible for managing the work of the Lebanese Red Cross Society and directly supervising the application of its Fundamental Principles. Both committees are headed by the president of the Lebanese Red Cross.
In addition to the president and vice-president, the executive committee consists of the heads of the following departments: Planning and Development, Internal Affairs, fundraising and marketing, Treasury, Supply and Logistics, Public Relations and Communications, Medical and Social Services, Blood Transfusion Banks, First Aid, Education, and Youth.
Role and function of the departments
- Planning & Development:
- Prepares plans for the development and evolution of centers, activities and services of the Lebanese
- Red Cross as as well managing the computer center at the Society.
- Internal Affairs:
- Keeps records of enrolled, volunteers and members of the different committees;
- Organizes the election process at the Lebanese Red Cross.
- Fundraising & Marketing:
- Responsible for fundraising and preserving the current sources of funding and searching for new ones.
- Cashes revenues and pays all dues by the Society in the headquarter
- Supply & Logistics:
- Purchases essential supplies in coordination with the concerned committee;
- Receives and stores grants in kind;
- Ensures the maintenance of main equipment;
- Distributes equipment and supplies to the centers according to Executive Committee decisions.
- Public Relations & Communications:
- Disseminates the Fundamental Principals of the Red Cross and Red Crescent and the International Humanitarian Law;
- Establishes and coordinates relations with national, foreign and international organizations and institutions, as well as with local and foreign media;
- Guides and supervises all campaigns (fund-raising, awareness, prints…);
- Prepares the Annual Report of the Society.
- Medical & Social Services:
- Manages dispensaries , medical and social centers;
- Handicapped care programs;
- Prepares rehabilitation programs in order to integrate the handicapped into the community;
- Implements programs of medical prevention, vaccination, social guidance and social health education at all levels;
- Distributes necessary medicine according to its availability in medical centers.
- Blood Transfusion Services:
- Receive blood donors;
- Make necessary lab tests to confirm the safety of the donated blood;
- Distribute blood units to private and public hospitals and anyone in need, based on availability.
- First Aid:
- Answers rescue calls & transfers the wounded;
- Helps the injured, sick and disaster victims;
- Provides first aid at Red Cross centers;
- Continuous training activities for first aid teams in centers.
- Manages and supervises nursing institutes and schools and provides health education;
- Teaches first aid techniques to staff, first aid teams, volunteers, university students and military personnel in order to provide necessary first aid.
- Provides continuous training on the Red Cross principles and peace and non-violence by organizing training sessions to rehabilitate the youth, as well as camps and educational and social activities for school children, orphans, handicapped and elderly people;
- Organizes visits to juvenile centers and prisons;
- Implements cleaning and tree-planting campaigns;
- Ensures continued coordination with all departments, especially with the fund-raising campaign;
- Organizes blood donation campaigns and distributes aids to handicapped.
- Preparing and Orientating of new volunteers
- The Suggestion of a new volunteering policy for the national society.
- Suggesting and Preparing a volunteering management policy.
Tripoli – Halba – Miniara – Becharre – Zghorta – Alkoura – Batroun – Jbeil – Jounieh – Antelias Jal Eddib – El Bouchrieh – Furn El Chebbk – Falougha – Aley – Beit Eddine – Hermel – Baalbek – Riyak Zahle – Kab Elias – Rachaya – Machghara – Saida – Jezzine – Hasbaya – Marjeyoun – Nabatieh – Tyr Bint Jbeil – Zahrani – Beirut
|Promoting Humanitarian Principles and Values Activity in Saida |
In the context of promoting the principles of non-discrimination and accepting others, Youth volunteers in Saida organized the first day of a long-term project on humanitarian values and principles, with the Lebanese University fourth-year students...